My Life-Saving Pledge
As a Member of the Be The Match Registry
I understand that:
- By joining the registry, I am saying I am willing to donate to any patient in need.
- The cheek swab or blood sample I gave when I joined was only used to add me to the registry. It was not a donation for a patient.
- I will be listed on the registry until I am 61, unless I inform Be The Match that I’m unwilling or unable to donate.
If I match a patient:
- I will respond quickly.
- I will be asked to give a blood sample for further testing.
- I will be asked to make a time commitment of up to 30 to 40 hours over a 4- to 6-week period to attend appointments and donate.
- If I donate peripheral blood stem cells (PBSC), I will receive injections of a drug to increase the number of blood-forming cells in my bloodstream.
- If I donate marrow, anesthesia will be used.
I promise to:
- Keep my Be The Match contact information up to date.
-> Update your contact information
- Share my decision to join the registry with family and friends so I have their support if called as a match.
-> Share your pledge on Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest using the buttons at the upper right.
-> Post the “I Joined” badge to your web page.