Here are just a few highlights of what we’ve done with your help this year.
- Marked our two biggest transplant months since our work began in 1987: facilitating 505 transplants in March and 529 transplants in June.
- Recruited more than 500,000 new members to the Be The Match Registry®.
- Grew our Be The Match page on Facebook to more than 43,000 supporters.
- Launched our first ever Be The One RunTM events in Atlanta and Long Beach, Calif., with nearly 1,000 participants—about ¼ of them registry members—and raised more than $100,000. Momentum is building to grow to six Be The One Run events next year, starting with Minneapolis in spring.
- Teamed up with Shaquille O’Neal to challenge the public to Do Something Big® in three new public service announcements for Be The Match® that were seen by more than 120 million TV viewers.
- Launched Team Be The Match, a nationwide community of volunteer fundraisers who have already raised over $200,000 to help grow Be The Match Registry.
- Supported the U.S. Congress passage of the “Stem Cell Therapeutic Research Act of 2010,” which will continue funding the addition of more adult donors and umbilical cord blood units to the national registry, publicly known as the Be The Match Registry.
- Won the Pepsi Refresh Challenge—thanks to your votes—and received $100,000 for Be The Match Foundation’s Transplant Grants for Kids program.
- Were re-accredited by the World Marrow Donor Association (WMDA) in confirmation of our commitment to following WMDA standards.